Thursday, January 14, 2010

Night of the Dribbler (1990)

Sometimes these things defy all logic. The killer has a cartoon faced basketball for a head and he's killing off the Watergate Plumbers High School basketball team. Made in Canada (ehem).

As my good friend and noted film scholar, Bill Ackerman, told me:

"Much like Erich Von Stroheim's 'Greed', Orson Welles' 'The Magnificent Andersons', Roman Polanski's 'Cul-De-Sac' and Alejandro Jodorowsky's 'Santa Sangre', 'Night Of The Dribbler' is a noteworthy cinematic achievement that has so far eluded Netflix availability."

I'm in the wrong business.

3 comments:

Pantheon Zeus said...

I wonder how Fred Travalena shoe-horned his tired celeb impressions into the script?
Hope I never see this film...
love the pics tho.
fun info-tainment !!

Mr. Sophistication said...

I've never heard of Travalena but I'm going to research him based on your tip.

Donna Lethal said...

Please, many early Sunday mornings of sleeplessness led me to "Leprechaun 2: Back 2 da Hood" ... how are those a franchise? (I just answered that question, didn't I?)