Sunday, September 21, 2008

Nice TSA Lady with the Confiscating and the Charges and the Shooting with the Banging and the "I Forgot" and the "Who Knew?" Oy .

From Chortle:

"Jerry Lewis has escaped firearms charges over a gun discovered in his carry-on bag at Las Vegas airport.

Security seized the .22-calibre Beretta from the 82-year-old comic in July, and he was accused of carrying a concealed weapon without a permit.

However, Judge Karen Bennett-Haron yesterday dismissed the charge after lawyers agreed to let the comedian off without a fine.

Mr Lewis's lawyer, Ross Goodman, said the quick resolution was 'a good result for a great guy'.

Lewis's manager initially said the unloaded weapon was a prop used on stage, although Lewis later said it was a gift given during his annual telethon for the Muscular Dystrophy Association, which he had forgotten was in his bag."

It's a Mitzvah!

3 comments:

Donna Lethal said...

Damn! I was hoping to start my one-person "FREE JERRY" crusade.

I'm not ashamed. I love Jerry!

Mavis Martini said...

That's ALWAYS my excuse..."it's a prop, officer. I was doing 'research'!" Yeah, that works! I was hoping for a Jerry mugshot, too!

Keith said...

Good for Jerry. I don't think Jerry needed to be sent to Gitmo.