Friday, May 9, 2008

Meg Ryan -- remember her?

Whilst searching for some kind of clip or trailer for Diane "Murphy Brown" English's upcoming, long-gestating (ie. did they scrap together that financing yet?) remake of The Women, I stumbled upon this absolutely mindblowing trailer for what looks like a straight-to-video gem:



I mean... where does one begin?

I've always had a thing for Ryan. I always liked the undercurrent of pure bitch that lurked underneath her screen persona even when she was towing the lead in the benign, big-budget rom coms that put her on the map. The fact that she dated beefy bad boy Dennis Quaid in his rail-blowing (allegedly!) prime only added to her 'bad girl luster'. No goody-goody starlet here!

More gems from the video rubbish bin of YouTube...

Watch Meg at her brittle bitchiest talking to Parkinson while doing press for that God Awful Jane Campion movie, In the Cut. Obviously hanging out for months with that pseudo-intellectual feminist film diva did wonders for her 'upbeat attitude'. Talk about awkward:

10 comments:

Brian said...

Wow. I thought that was a parody trailer until I checked IMDB. Not only is it a real movie, it's written by George Gallo, who did Midnight Run and 29th street. He's not the guy you'd think of for a Rom Com.

glyphjockey said...

yeah, but watch Hurlyburly. That role can forgive a lot.

Mr. Sophistication said...

I dig Meg in her throw-aways. Jane Campion is a super-hack! I've only seen one movie of hers that I can sit through (I won't say which... yet).

Chris Pissah said...

She was really terrible in that Doors movie back in the day. That's when I realized how limited she is. Even though that movie is no good anyway...The talk show appearance with that British Merv Griffin type was interesting--two egotistical bullshitters butting heads in front of a live studio audience.

Anonymous said...

gee her lips look so natural on Parkinson

he said she was the WORST interview of his loooooong career.

cannot wait til 'The Women' tanks

Donna Lethal said...

Remember Antonio Banderas? He used to make great films with Almodovar, then married Melanie and became a joke.

Chris, I've never made it thru that Doors movie. Whenever I see Kyle MacLachlan in that silly wig I just start laughing.

Chris Pissah said...

Yeah Donna, and when MacLachlan does that silly damn Bob Dylan imitation you know you'd better keep a puke bucket handy.

And I just thought ol' Meg was clueless about playing that character. They should've called it "When Mojo Met Sally" or something.

Chris Pissah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chris Pissah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
joe*to*hell said...

she didnt just DATE dennis quaid, she married him and had his baby

the worst part is SELMA BLAIR - she shoudl just stop now